Sample Financial Plan 1 - ABC Cleaners
The following financial plan example is for a fictitous carpet cleaning company called ABC Cleaners. This is a complete finanical plan with 3 year financial projects (12 month cash flow included). I strongly suggest you study the numbers and apply them to your paritcular situation.
We will start off with our financial assumptions and head into the projections. All figures are expressed in Canadian dollars.
Income Statement Items: (Projected Year 1)
The projected revenue is $658,782 in year 1, $804,171 in year 2, and $876,432 in year 3.
ABC Cleaners derives its revenue from the following residential services:
• Carpet and upholstery cleaning;
• Up selling of products (ie: deodorizer, disinfectant, Scotch Guard)
As the business starts to establish itself, ABC Cleaners will eventually explore opportunities in the commercial and vehicle cleaning markets in year 4.
Based on the market research, it is expected that the sales projections over the next three years should be attainable.
• Owner's Wages:
Jackie Borton will draw a total of $20,000 from the business in the first year after the establishment. This is felt to be sufficient to cover his personal living expenses.
• Sales Staff:
Two full time sales staff equivalents will be required to perform the telephone customer solicitations. The total cost (including benefits) is $74,994.
• Crew Cost:
A total of $281,422 has been allocated towards agricultural products.
$9,000 per year has been budgeted for the rental of office space at the Clear Springs Mall in Clear Springs. See appendix G for a copy of a sample lease agreement. The square footage is 2,500 feet.
$6,000 is the budgeted cost for electricity and gas.
• Office Manager:
$30,000 is the cost to hire a full time office manager to assist with the administration of the business. This includes benefits.
• Advertising and Promotion:
$15,000 is the cost of the periodic advertising and promotion that will be carried out, as described in the marketing plan.
$45,750 in operating expenses has been projected to maintain the three vehicles. This includes gasoline and maintenance and repairs.
• Office Supplies:
$900 is the budget for miscellaneous office supplies.
$7,500 is the annual cost of insuring the three vehicles and the other assets of teh business for ABC Cleaners.
$26,000 has been budgeted to install and operate four telephone lines, one fax line, and five cellular phones.
$2,550 represents the cost of implementing an accounting system, training, and the preparation of quarterly and year end financial statements, and tax returns for the business.
• Office Security
$600 represents the annual budget for cost of maintaining a security system.
• Bank Charges:
$300 represents the cost of maintaining a business chequing account.
$600 has been budgeted for additional office expenses.
$1,500 has been budgeted for any unforseen expenses that may occur.
Fixed assets have been depreciated straight line over a period of five years. $21,900 has been allocated for depreciation expense.
Cash Flow Items (Projected Year 1):
$685,782 is the projected gross annual sales for the carpet cleaning business for the first year of operations.
• Cash From Sales:
70% of the sales will be collected in cash upon completion of the job. The remaining 30% will be considered as a receivable and will be collected within 30 days.
the amount of the non repayable contribution requested from the SPA. This consists of $71,225 for capital and operating costs, $3,600 for marketing costs, and $7,500 for business support.
• Commercial Loans:
$45,325 is the amount requested from the ABC Bank for the establishment of ABC Carpet Cleaners. A short term loan of $71,225 will also be required to bridge SPA's contribution over a 3 month period. ABC Bank will provide the bridge financing.
• Cash Equity:
$12,950 is the cash equity investment required by Jackie Borton towards the establishment of the project. This represents the required equity contribution of capital and operating costs.
There is a total of $124,500 in start up capital purchases. This includes office furniture, computer & telephone equipment, leasehold improvements, vehicles (3), cleaning equipment, start up inventory, and a sign.
As described in the previous section.
• Interest Payment:
$3,455 represents the annual payment of loan interest to ABC Bank during the first year. The terms of the loan are 8.25% interest repayable over a period of 5 years. Please refer to the amortization table in the financial plan.
• Principle Payment:
$7,639 represents teh annual repayment of loan principle to ABC Bank during the first year of operations.
All financial assumptions have been completed. Here are the rest of the financial plan (in order):
• Sample cost and financing for ABC Cleaners
• Projected 3 year income statement
• 12 Month projected cash flow statement
• Projected 3 year cash flow statement
• 3 year projected balance sheet
<Return to Financial Plan Samples